The process is very similar to the process for using a brand-new domain, but there are a few steps you should carry out beforehand.
1. First, to ensure that the process works properly:
2. Now you are ready to connect your custom domain. On the left side navigation, click on Domain Setup.
If your domain provider is in the below list, you will be able to use our Automated domain setup service.
3. Type your domain name in the custom domain name box.
Our platform will then determine who your domain provider is, to see whether our automated domain service is available for you. If it is not available to you, then you will need to view this post which will walk you through the manual steps to connect your domain.
4. When you see the below box, press continue to start the process:
5. It will then continue through a series of checks.
6. If it has detected that the service is available to you it will then ask you to authenticate with your domain provider, so it can apply the records needed to connect your domain to our platform.
7. You may be asked for some additional security, such as a code they send to you, or a number generated for you on an authenticator app. This will depend on the level of security you have set up with your provider.
8. Once you have completed this step it will finalise the record amendment for you.
9. You should now check with your provider that the setting changes have been completed. There should be 9 records in total. They will look something like this depending on who your provider is.
10. If there are any additional records, then you will need to delete them. If this is not done it can impact the performance and availability of your store. It is very important to check that there is only one A Record which must point to 22.214.171.124. And one CNAME WWW record which must point to ssl.moteefe.app. There will be other CNAME entries like the below. These should be left in.
It can take up to 24 hours for these changes to be propagated around the internet. If you wish to check the progress of these, you can do so at the following links. Ensuring you change YOURDOMAINNAME to your domainname. For example https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/moteefe.com
Once all of this has been completed, and the changes have been propagated, your store is up and running!